Food & Alcohol

If your event involves food or alcohol, you should adhere to some minimum food and alcohol safety requirements:

  • Develop food and alcohol safety plans for your event.
  • Ensure that there is appropriate training for staff or committee members attending, including RSA and food-handling.
  • If you are selling or fundraising with food or alcohol you will also need a council permit or license.

We recommend applying for public liability for larger events which involve food and alcohol. For more information, please read these handouts:

Are you serving food?
Are you serving alcohol?

To apply for insurance, please go here.