GSA provides graduate groups with GSA service accounts as part of their funding. These accounts are for GSA or GSA-approved services only. In 2017, we’re offering graduate groups a service account that covers meeting and event rooms in the 1888 Building.
Who can book
- Committee members of graduate groups are responsible for booking the 1888 Building for its group and for using its own service account.
- It is not acceptable if a subsidiary or affiliate makes a booking where an event or meeting is not connected to a graduate group’s activities.
Current prices for room bookings and associated terms and conditions can be viewed here.
- Any events or functions will be charged. Graduate groups can use their service account until exhausted and must fill out a form.
- Graduate groups will receive a 50% discount off charged bookings once they have exhausted their service account.
- Graduate groups can book for meetings and AGMS for free for 2 hours subject to availability.
- Room bookings directly related to university studies for current postgraduate University of Melbourne (UoM) students are free for 2 hours (e.g. studying, group/project work, group/project discussions, presentations, etc.) and only based on availability.
Other points to consider are:
- If you are using the room for free, you are responsible for setting up and packing up that room.
- Free bookings as identified above do not require a booking form to be completed but are on an availability basis.
How to book
- Drop into Reception, call or email and (for charged events only) fill in the form above.
- Contact: email@example.com; 83448657.
- If your room booking has been confirmed, you can collect the key from the GSA Reception.
- Should your booking fall outside of reception’s operating hours please liaise with the GSA Reception Team to arrange an alternative key collection time.